joi, 20 noiembrie 2008

Ziua Muniției în America


Ieri, 19 noiembrie, americanii au celebrat National Ammo Day. Scopul acestei mărețe sărbători nu este altul decât, citez de pe site-ul oficial al Zilei Naționale a Muniției: ”to empty the ammunition from the shelves of your local gun store, sporting goods, or hardware store and put that ammunition in the hands of law-abiding citizens. Make your support of the Second Amendment known--by voting with your dollars!”


America are deja aproximativ 75 de milioane de oameni înarmați și nu toți sunt negrii din Harlem, cum am fi tentați să spunem prin prisma prejudecăților pe care le avem.


În ”Armed America”, carte realizată de Kyle Cassidy după 2 ani de călătorii de-a lungul și de-a latul Americii, autorul a intrat în casele câtorva mii de americani deținători de arme și le-a pus o întrebare simplă: ”Why do you own a gun?”.


Răspunsurile sunt la fel de variate precum tipurile de arme deținute și îți oferă o perspectivă înfricoșătoare asupra lumii în care trăiesc acei oameni.


Câteva dintre cele mai interesante sunt următoarele:


Dan: I consider the ownership of arms not only a right, but the duty of a free people to themselves and future generations.


Stan: I think everybody should have a gun. It levels the playing field.


Jim: When I was diagnosed with cancer I found myself and my family in need of protection. I was too old to fight, too sick to run, and since cancer took my vocal cords, I couldn't yell for help. I purchased my first ever firearm.


Aaron: My parents taught me to shoot, growing up in Utah. I got a gun here because we live in kind of a rough neighborhood and I take the subway home from work. I figured that since the bad-guys had guns, I should have one too.


Jessica: I'm just one little girl in the world.


Jerry: We are our own last line of defense. I haven't seen a compelling argument from the anti's as to why law abiding citizens shouldn't have guns. I think we all agree that criminals shouldn't have them; but what's the advantage of taking guns from good people?"

Ashley: There are few things that beat a good day at the gun range, but the biggest reason I own firearms is because it’s my right as a citizen of the United States of America and I refuse to take my rights for granted. Anyone that reads any history at all knows how dangerous that can be.

Pozele și declarațiile câtorva dintre americanii care au apărut în ”Armed America” le găsiți pe site-ul oficial al cărții, armedamerica.org.


Ce mai poți spune după ce te uiți pe site-ul respectiv? Well...Happy National Ammo Day, everybody!


Un comentariu:

Anonim spunea...

Vad ca nu prea a prins articolul asta. :P Oricum, mie imi vine in minte legat de asta doar atat:

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people!"

PS: Ieri, pe 21, a fost Ziua Internationala a Salutului. Asadar... SALUT, INNA!