duminică, 16 octombrie 2011

It doesn't always happen to Inozza (guest post by Alina)

Hi Inozza,

I know that you might think you're the uncrowned queen of silly mistakes, but you're not, so I'm gonna prove you that...

It happened yesterday morning. I woke up at 6 AM, with a fierce decision of -finally!- finishing a NVMY (Non Volatile Memory) related presentation for work. I know you guys out there think of cars as being some cool (fast) toys with pedals, a steering wheal and maybe some shinny paint, but there's much more about it! You probably have no idea that behind a very small feature - that you might not even acknowledge in the end- lies the work of thousands of people from the wordwide automotive industry; many many people who work on designing, implemeting, coding, analysing, testing every little thing, as your life in the end might depend on a small bug that we might introduce. Anyway, this is a big community and I'm proud to be one of them...

After this long divagation which probably does not interest anyone, let's go back to my silly story. So I've started reading the documentation until I got bored and came back to re-reading Inozza's posts from July 2007. It's not very unusual for me to reading again good books, so that's what happened to your blog. I once told you that Inozza should transform her blog into a book, but you've answered that the book was already written and it's called "Bridget Jones"... I disagree, but I never answered... So, it was actually a rich morning, with a huge accumulation of precious info: some detalis about the ECU memory, along with other crucial things about how to "feel princess-like…", being a "multi-double agent", some priceless info about Branesti -that I could not, under any circumstance, live without-, the second part of the wonderful story of Inozza's eyebrows - fortunately there's a 3rd part of the story, and this time it has a happy ending! Long story short, my decision of arriving at work at 8 AM sharp was shattered when, while reading on how I could display my artistic DNA for a bargain of just 500 euros in my living room, I realised it was almost 8 o'clock. But, as I have a quick morning routine, I managed to get ready by 8:04, including breakfast, which I don't usually eat.

So, there I was in the hallway, as fresh as a flower woken up at 6 AM, ready to leave for a glorious day on working on VVLI -you don't want to know what that means. I instinctivly tried to grab my car keys from the place I always leave them and get going, but there was no sign of them! I panicked a little; I was very sure that I've seen them just few minutes earlier. So I started the search; it looked more like a hunt though. A desperate, fast key hunt. First I took it the easy way : I've looked at my hands -you probably know by now the story with the granny looking for the glasses, while she was wearing them-, I then looked in my pant's pockets -3 times-, then I've searched the jacket I was wearing, and then the other jacket... No sign of it... Did it ever happen to you to believe that there's a black hole in your house, sucking things away, things which suddenly dissapear from the place you know for sure you left them, and then re-appear in places where you never put them? After looking in my shoes, in my husband's shoes, after moving the hallway closet, searching some bags, moving the carpet away, checking the pants I wore a day before, checking from the balcony that I didn't leve it the night before in my car's door, I knew for sure that this was the case with my keys : a black hole has swallen them!

And then I knew they were playing 'hard to get', but they didn't stand a chance with me; I'm a natural born hunter! So I went to the socks closet, but no sign of the evil keys. Then I've tried the sweater's closet- no luck either. Then I though that maybe I've accidentally taken them to the bathroom. Nope! I've then searched the trash can, the sink, the kitchen, the living room, the balcony, the floor of all the rooms, I've looked frightened to the huge pile of clothes which need to be ironed... By this time, every little corner of my house have been seached, during my 20 minutes key hunt! So then I knew it: maybe my environmental friendly side has taken over me for some seconds, had hidden my car keys away, in order for me to use the bicycle instead of the car that day, despite the cold and windy day. 'You won', I thought , 'I give up'. So I took my bicycle out of the balcony, with the bitter taste of being defeated and I almost left the house, when it hit me: breakfast! I never take breakfast. What if the keys were in the... I went to the fridge and opened it, feeling like a clumsy Sherlock Holmes who has just solved some misterious case; and yes, the car keys were smiling back to my huge victory smile. The black keys were having a comfortable stay along with the cheese pie in my fridge! Nevertheless, I allowed my green side to believe that it won the battle that day so I took my bicycle yesterday to work... It's not mentined saying that I arrived just some minutes before 9...

Now, some of the people who did not fall asleep during my long, boring story might be thinking that maybe I have exagerated a little. God knows that I wish this would be true; trust me, it's never a nice thing to find out you're becoming senile years before you're 30! My only consolation would be if the scientists will, one day, prove the existence of the black holes which suck things from their regular places and make them appear in unexpected places -like under your couch/ bed, in the fridge, behind  a book shelf, under a closet-. Not that any of this happened to me!

----

And now just for Inozza:

I'm not very sure why, but I enjoy -and prefer- writing in English rather than in Romanian. And this was no exception. When you first told us you're gonna publish your reader stories I was like 'Damn, I have no worth mentioning story'; but after this happened to me, I thought that this might fit among the Inozzistic pages of your blog. Or not! Anyway, if you think this is somehow publishible, go ahead and do it :-) . If not, no problem, I still had a huge smile on my face while writing it...

I know this will sound very silly and a bit childish, but I'm a huge fun of Inozza. And turns out I'm not the only... I've discovered Inozza a few years ago and I felt in love with her writing style. I don't comment very often on your posts, and I don't always use the same name, as I'm aware there is more than one Alina out there... But when I can't stop, I do sometimes comment with Alina or Alina P (though for a year now I have changed my name).

Now, I must admit I'm a bit ignorant regarding contemporary Romanian literature, but I strongly believe that Inozza might make a little history if she would decide to take this step further and write a book. Why not?! She has what it takes, as she's funny in this sweet way, despite the fact that she lives in a superficial environment, she's still aware of the real values in life, she has a nice sense of auto-irony, she could see the hidden side of  things, read between the lines and, most important, her writing stile is very charming and catchy. She sometimes produces these deep posts that makes you wonder why is she somehow wasting her talent... I really hope that writing a book is the secret project she's working on...

Beside her writing, I also like Inozza as a person. Of course, unfortunately I never had the chance to meet you; this damn 400 kms could be a tricky barrier to doing things you'd like to. Not to mention that maybe it might be weird for you to meet, out of the blue, a stranger. When you abandoned writing, some time ago, I wanted to write you email to convince you to write again, because I really missed your posts. But I never had the guts to do it. I'm glad though that there are people much more courageus than me who did it! The only time I wrote you an email was some years ago, when your blog became private, so I needed your permission to do it :-) . But, after reading a comment from the august 2007 post "Nu vi se intampla?...", I decided to -finally- write to you. It's never too late to tell someone that she's a wonderful person and she manages to change your days  from gray into some acceptable green...

I think that maybe, if I didn't have a huge amount of clothes to iron, I could write you forever. Christmas would catch you still reading my email. Fortunately for you, I'll stop now. I feel that I didn't tell you all I wanted to, so maybe I'll write to you again. I hope you're not thinking 'For God's sake, she said she'll stop now'...

Bye Inozza,

Alina

*
Alina este una dintre cititoarele care prefera sa ramana in umbra si-mi lasa foarte rar (spre deloc) comentarii. Acum, insa, a promis ca-mi va scrie mai des. ;-)  

Niciun comentariu: